About the Journal
- Journal History
- Open Access Policy
- Article Retraction
- Publication Frequency
- Screening for Plagiarism
- Author Fees
U Karst is a scientific research journal in the field of Civil Engineering published by Kadiri University. U Karst made its first publication in April 2017. Since then, U Karst has continuously improved its quality by making several changes. The notes for each change can be seen below.
- Starting Volume 4 Number 1, U Karst uses a new article template and uses English Language.
- On April 1, 2020, according to SK 85/M/KPT/2020 with the title Scientific Journal Accreditation Ranking Period I of 2020, U Karst has been accredited with SINTA 3.
- Starting Volume 4 Number 2, U karst will publish 10 articles.
- Starting from Volume 5 Number 2, U Karst requires authors to use a minimum of 25 references (minimum 5 years of article writing, except for limited discussion).
- In Volume 5 Number 2, U Karst experienced delays in publishing journals, this was because there was a problem on the server that caused problems in the publication process.
- On 12 July 2022, U karst has been indexed DOAJ.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Infringements of professional ethical codes, such as multiple submission, bogus claims of authorship, plagiarism, fraudulent use of data or the like. Occasionally a retraction will be used to correct errors in submission or publication. The retraction of an article by its authors or the editor under the advice of members of the scholarly community has long been an occasional feature of the learned world. Standards for dealing with retractions have been developed by a number of library and scholarly bodies, and this best practice is adopted for article retraction by U Karst:
- A retraction note titled “Retraction: [article title]” signed by the authors and/or the editor is published in the paginated part of a subsequent issue of the journal and listed in the contents list.
- In the electronic version, a link is made to the original article.
- The online article is preceded by a screen containing the retraction note. It is to this screen that the link resolves; the reader can then proceed to the article itself.
- The original article is retained unchanged save for a watermark on the .pdf indicating on each page that it is “retracted.”
U Karst is sponsored by the Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Universitas Kadiri, in cooperation with National Association of Indonesian Consultants Experts (INTAKINDO), Indonesian National Association of Consultants (INKINDO), and Indonesian Civil Engineering Higher Education Consultative Body (BMPTTSSI). In addition, U Karst is supervised by Indonesian Journal Volunteers (RJI)
This journal will be published two times a year: April and October. Every issue consist of 10 articles and therefor every volume has 20 articles/reviews.
Screening for Plagiarism
U Karst Editorial board recognizes that plagiarism is not acceptable and therefore establishes the following policy stating specific actions (penalties) upon identification of plagiarism/similarities in articles submitted for publication in U Kast. U Karst will use Turnitin software as the tool in detecting similarities of texts in article manuscripts and the final version articles ready for publication. A maximum of 20% of similarities is allowed for the submitted papers. Should we find more than 20% of the similarity index, the article will be returned to the author for correction and resubmission.
This journal utilizes the PKP-PN LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.